Friday 27 April 2012

Review: Philosophy Purity Cleanser


I recently purchased this cleanser as I was looking for a good cleanser that would work well with the Clarisonic Plus that I received at Christmas. I had previously used a Clinique, Origins and Clean & Clear however none worked well with my Clarisonic. The cleaner isn’t too expensive and you can buy a small bottle in boots for £8 if you were looking to try it.

I have dryer skin, and in winter I can get dry patches of skin however around my nose I do get a bit oily as the day goes on. This cleanser is great for a lot of skin types and I think it would work well for people with oily, normal, or dry skin as long as you skin isn’t extremely oily or dry. The consistency is odd as it is a very liquid type paste. When used with the Clarisonic is creates a nice lather and leaves your skin feeling clean but never tight. The smell is fresh and has quite a strong sense of lavender, but isn’t too over powering – although if you can stand fragranced products you may want to give this one a miss. I use this product with my Clarisonic every night and it leaves my skin feeling balanced and clean.

The only disadvantage that I noticed was that when I tried this product without my Clarisonic it didn’t perform well. The lather it made was almost none, and I didn’t felt like it did that much for my skin. However, with the Clarisonic it is one of the best cleansers I have used.Overall this cleaner is good for most skin types, but isn’t great without a Clarisonic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment